As our new superintendent, you will be a proactive and visible force in driving and supporting a safe and effective rig operation, while taking ownership of the Maersk Oil Incident Free Initiative.
Overall, you coordinate the preparation and execution of activities for the drilling rigs, which are on contract with Maersk Oil in the Danish business unit.
You head up a team of both onshore and offshore engineers, and you work closely with an assistant rig superintendent who supports you on all aspects of day-to-day operations on the drilling rig.
With immense opportunities to train and learn in a wide variety of areas, you really get to feel what it is like being part of Maersk Oil. You collaborate with very talented colleagues in an environment that encourages technical innovation, world-class project deliveries and safety at all costs.
As a rig superintendent, you ensure the overall performance on the drilling rig. This involves leading through the offshore drilling supervisors on the rig. As such, you are overall responsible for the day-to-day operations as well as long-term planning to avoid delays due to lack of resources or equipment.
In your managerial role, you take on a mentoring role for your rig team, while making sure that they have the correct training and are continuously developing within their areas. Moreover, you provide support and guidance to the rest of the team.
Your responsibilities also include:
• Liaising closely with the drilling contractor and other sub-contractors to ensure safety and compliance with procedures and government regulations
• Identifying new working procedures and/or cost reducing measures to ensure continuous improvement of rig performance
• Being a role model in matters relating to safety and the environment
• Coordination with other departments and external representatives when changes to the operation are required
• Manning the 24-hour hotline one week per month to help the rigs with unexpected problems
In this position, it is important that you are able to collaborate with different onshore and offshore staff and stakeholders. It is absolutely key that you are able to build and leverage relationships with key stakeholders and get people to work together towards a common goal.
You must be a skilled communicator and interested in leadership, and you understand how to ensure collaboration between all relevant parties. Moreover, you are a motivating leader, and you are open to hearing the opinions of others.
• You are an experienced offshore drilling supervisor and most likely have a couple of years working on jack-up drilling rigs.
• You have a valid IWCF Well Control Level 4 Subsea certificate.
• Your background has prepared you to ensure that all safety, technical and economic aspects have been assessed in order to optimise projects.
• As we are an international company, you communicate effortlessly in English and thrive finding synergies when working across different cultures.