Maersk Oil offers you a unique opportunity to join a multinational and international organization with over 30 different nationalities at the office in Esbjerg. As strong diversity among our employees is essential, you will be able to engage, share knowledge and be a part of a cross-collaborative and diversity-oriented environment.
As a Senior Strategic Sourcing Project Manager in the Strategic Sourcing team, you will get a unique opportunity to work with procurement within renowned corporation.
The Strategic Sourcing team is responsible for the Maersk Oil supply chain support and procurement of materials and services for the operation and maintenance of the platforms. Moreover, the team works closely with Maersk Oil Category Management and our pears in the other Maersk Oil business units.
In this team, you will be able to shape and develop a central role with great influence in tendering strategies, plan and execute communication with the possibility to continuously learn and develop your competencies. You will get to use your knowledge and experience applying a range of techniques for analysis and adapting your presentational style to reflect the target audience.
You will act as business partner by recognizing stakeholder needs and requirements and support these through sourcing materials and services. Furthermore, you will manage and conduct the tendering process in a commercially sound manner and in accordance with applicable procurement regulations, international procedures and guidelines.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Identify and establish contacts with potential suppliers and investigate qualifications of the potential suppliers
• Issue RFP, RFQ, RFI as appropriate for the type of procurement
• Receive and analyse all bid responses for completeness and adhere to the RFP requirements
• Ensure contractor selection: award and post award performance manage processes and drive optimal HSSE, Quality and Commercial performance
• Consolidate, bundling and organize contracts and framework agreements across the Maersk Oil organization
• Conduct Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and act as the focal point for supplier selection and evaluation, including maintaining relationships with strategically important suppliers
• Audit, evaluate, quality assure and set KPIs for supplier performance and agreements
• Develop strategies in assigned categories for purchase of all goods and services at the best value for the company including cost, quality and service
As you are to build close collaborative relationship with stakeholders, you are expected to have hands-on knowledge of stakeholder issues and managing trust-based relationships.
This leads to networkers being valuable members of a team in building relationships with people throughout the organizational. Therefore, it is an advantage that you are a team and organizational networker. This is, in order to bring in resources, contacts and new thinking which call for communication with customers, suppliers and even competitors.
Your other qualifications include,
• A Master’s degree or equivalent within a relevant field of study, e.g. Supply Chain Management, Sourcing, Cand. Merc. or HA/HD
• 5 years plus experience with contract management and/or strategic sourcing – preferably from large international company
• Excellent mathematical and technical aptitude with significant analytical skills necessary to conduct proposal evaluations and price/cost analysis in order to recommend the award of purchase agreements
• Solid understanding of the legal aspects in contracts High level strategic approach, commercial acumen, creativity, clarity of communication, and conceptual thinking ability
• Formal project management qualifications and/or substantial practical experience, being able to lead and initiate cross-functional project teams
• Experience with SAP and Ariba is an advantage
• Fluent in the English and able to effectively articulate complex issues in written and oral presentations