An opportunity to work in a strongly values based organization, Maersk Oil has made significant progress in past years moving to global processes underpinned by one global ERP system. The supply chain function has also matured with clear leadership, mandate, standards and competent teams in place. Maersk Oil’s “2020 Supply Chain Vision” is to be recognised as a ‘trusted partner to the business’ internally and a ‘top quartile supply chain organisation’ externally. The role provides a great overview over all businesses and all components of supply management. The corporate supply team is a small, fun and energizing place to work with exposure to senior leadership providing ample opportunity for learning, networking and development. Delivering results in the role can be a stepping stone for future leadership roles in procurement operations, logistics, sourcing and category management and general supply management in Maersk Oil and the wider industry.
Your main focus will be to design, facilitate and monitor execution of the excellence journey towards the vision. Within this journey you will hold specific corporate responsibility for process and systems improvement, to structure and oversee all in- and external governance aspects and specially to work collaboratively with the business unit’s supply teams to implement the changes. Some of your daily tasks and responsibilities will be to:
• Actively promote and deliver the Company’s Incident Free goal and Maersk’s Values.
• Establish a “Procurement and Supply Chain Process, Systems and Governance Forum” across Business Units, HQ and our Supply Chain Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Mumbai ensuring alignment, implementation progress and best practice exchange.
• Manage projects in the Supply Chain process and systems portfolio including process re-engineering, system implementations, cost reduction and general optimisation initiatives.
• Identify new technology developments (robotics, artificial intelligence) relevant for supply chain improvement.
• Ensure proper Supply Chain governance through development and maintenance of the Procurement-, Contract Management- and Inventory Management Standards and other relevant procedural documentation.
• Align with the corporate audit team on standards compliance audits and support BUs, HQ and the Mumbai CoE in implementation of audit recommendations.
• Act as Supply Chain Focal Point for and maintain a repository of relevant external legislative, financial, tax, environmental and social responsibility requirements – in collaboration with BUs, HQ Heads of SC, Mumbai CoE Head and the corporate SC teams.
You are degree qualified in Supply Chain Management, Law, Technical or Business (or other relevant area) with particular interest and relevant experience in Supply Chain change management, systems, processes, procedures, tools and techniques. You are preferably knowledgeable of Oil & Gas industry regulatory requirements, industry experience and experience with performance improvement techniques like Lean and 6 Sigma.
Experience with the following Procurement and Supply Chain systems is preferred: SAP ERP, SAP Ariba, GEP (e-contracts), Vantage POB, Spend Viz / Click View. As you will be directly involved in business case development, performance measurement and governance, an understanding of global supply chain operations’ business challenges and the ability to translate them into practical solutions is critical.
You draw on experience from managing projects in diverse stakeholder landscapes and you are a strong written & verbal communicator. You have a high level of energy and solid collaborative interpersonal skills. You can demonstrate natural “change agent” competencies with the ability to influence stakeholders without direct authority, achieving results by fostering cooperative and collaborative environments. You are a patient but persistent, service minded team-player.