As a senior drilling engineer, you join our Tyra Future project to work on complex well abandonment projects, where you provide well design, planning, and operational support of drilling operations.
This includes multi-zone completion and long horizontal drilling as well as working with multi-lateral, expandable liners and intelligent completions. In sum, you investigate the technical options for optimising our well designs and operations, just as you support all discipline engineers.
Through the above challenges, you really get to feel what it is like being part of Maersk Oil – with immense opportunities to train and learn in a wide variety of areas. You collaborate with very talented colleagues in an environment that encourages technical innovation, world-class project deliveries and safety at all costs.
We are in the early stages of the Tyra Future project, where you become part of a drilling and subsurface team consisting of other engineers and well service professionals. You support critical drilling activities, helping us plan and then execute the abandonment of existing wells, including how to drill in specific sections in the Danish North Sea.
You will be mentoring a junior engineer, but you will also provide support and guidance to the rest of the team throughout the entire drilling process. As such, you become the focal point for maintaining quality, but you also keep track of changes in well planning for the entire asset.
• Ensuring compliance with the Well Delivery Process
• Participating in gate reviews and peer reviews for drilling projects
• Providing conceptual well engineering, e.g. cost estimates for AFE preparation, casing design recommendations for new wells, P&A, infill or re-drills, tubing and zonal completions
• Analysing drilling material requirements to meet project demands
We are looking for a versatile drilling engineer, who has the collaboration skills needed to build great relationships with both internal and external partners. To do so, you have the communication skills to navigate in and take advantage of our international and multidisciplinary environment.
Simultaneously, you have a talent for solving complex problems in an innovative and cost-effective manner, while still delivering unquestionable quality. And you are comfortable with changes, working across multiple projects and using your project management skills to implement new technical solutions.
• You hold an engineering degree, and you are certified IWCF Well Control Level 4 Subsea.
• You have several years of industry experience, and some years of experience as a drilling engineer.
• You are a skilled user of Landmark’s well planning and reporting software.
• You know how to assess risks.
• You communicate effortlessly in English.