A position that is critical to our success, as you ensure a high level of quality in the way we work, via proper planning through execution and ensuring that we live up to requirements.
In this role, you provide functional assurance and support on completion engineering and operational issues across our Danish Business Unit Asset teams.
You collaborate internally with an engineering team of 4 in the Technical Excellence Wells team. Here, quality and finding ways to improve it are our top priorities.
Our Esbjerg Office constitutes the main office for all our production activities in the Danish sector of the North Sea. Here, you can look forward to having great colleagues and leaders as well as an attractive remuneration package.
Overall, you provide front-end completion engineering input for early project planning of high risk and critical projects.This includes collaborating with stakeholders to understand needs and requirements. You review new programmes to ensure that they live up to procedures and to provide assurance for success.
A further key task is to stay up-to-date on the newest completion equipment, standards and guidelines to effectively select the optimal equipment optimal for our wells. And as senior engineer, you also take on the role of mentor for younger engineers.
In addition, you:
• Work closely with drilling engineers during planning and execution of our wells to ensure consistency of work processes and deliverables
• Provide drilling support for high risk and critical projects drilling activities
• Conduct risk analyses and take on an advisory role
• Provide conceptual completion engineering and workover operations options for early engagement with project teams
• Act as a catalyst for best practice approach on all rig operations and sharing knowledge to drive a performance mindset
It is absolutely key that you are able to build and leverage relationships with key stakeholders, get people to work together towards a common goal and secure buy-in for your ideas. Naturally, these abilities are substantiated by your great collaboration skills. And as we are an international company, you communicate effortlessly in English and thrive finding synergies when working across different cultures.
With a proven industry track record, you are experienced in drilling and workover operations including the ability to solve complex problems in an innovative and cost-effective manner.
• Have a Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Engineering combined with 10 + years of industry experience with 6 years as a drilling or completion engineer – ideally with offshore experience
• Have experience with well planning and risk assessment process
• Are able to ensure alignment of the WDP deliverables for multiple projects and across the assets
• Think creatively, as this is often how most of our breakthroughs occur
• Are a great communicator with good report writing skills