As a Senior International Tax Manager in Maersk Oil you will be engaged in a multitude of tasks related to the global management of Maersk Oil’s fiscal, corporate and financial profile. You will be part of a highly skilled international section of the tax team, managing Maersk Oil’s taxes worldwide. The tax organization is still young, so there will be flexibility to define the boundaries of your responsibilities.
As part of Maersk Oil you will embark with us on an exciting journey with focus on maximizing value from safe operations, deliver world-class projects whilst building our future business as part of the newly formed Maersk Energy division.
Your workplace will be central Copenhagen, to begin with at Esplanaden before we in October 2017 will move to a brand new office domicile in the attractive Nordhavn area.
This role offers you a lot of challenges with a broad reach internally and externally and some of your daily tasks will be to:
• Monitor and ensure correct application of fiscal legislation across Maersk Oil’s global organisation
• Manage fiscal implications in a variety of cross-border transactions
• Handle external communication with public authorities, partners and other stakeholders
• Lead tax related functional work streams in major international projects
• Negotiate tax related items in major contracts
• Actively participate in developing and implementing Maersk Oil’s strategy for tax
• Lead Maersk Oil’s tax intelligence and maintain updated information on the relevant tax legislation
• Be headquarters focal point and coordinator regarding fiscal matters for a number of jurisdictions
• Participate in management and optimization of Maersk Oil’s legal and capital structures.
The likelihood of success in this role will increase if you fulfill the below requirements:
• Degree in law, tax audit, accountancy or similar educational background
• Several years of solid experience on senior level in international tax advisory and/or tax management earned in an in-house tax position, tax authorities or a leading accounting or law firm
• Several years of practical experience with international taxation and management of taxation in several jurisdictions
• Experience with transactional tax management within M&A, investments, reorganisations etc.
• Preferably experience from the Oil & Gas sector and understanding of the value drivers and economics in the Industry.
On a personal level you are outgoing, influential and have demonstrated success in managing both internal and external stakeholders across borders and cultures. You have a very structured approach to your work and deliveries without losing focus on priorities. Last but not least you are proficient in speaking and writing a Scandinavian language and fluent in written and spoken English.