In Technical Excellence our goal is to carry out quality assurance throughout the drilling phases. You support the Technical Excellence Wells team in providing functional assurance and support on drilling and well engineering issues across our Danish business unit.
As a senior drilling engineer, you really get to feel what it is like being part of Maersk Oil – with immense opportunities to train and learn in a wide variety of areas. You collaborate with very talented colleagues in an environment that encourages technical innovation, world-class project deliveries and safety at all costs.
Also, you get to engage in a broad collaboration with engineers, management and other stakeholders to offer remote support and technical assurance of process deliverables and provide process reviews, adjustments and optimisation.
Your overall responsibility is to provide drilling support and assurance for critical and high risk drilling projects and activities. Thus, you will play an important part of drilling projects from the very beginning.
You will provide conceptual well engineering for early engagement with project teams. And you contribute by providing technical expertise focusing on e.g. cost estimates for AFE preparation, casing design recommendations for New wells, P&A, infill or re-drills, tubing and zonal completions.
It is up to you to ensure consistency of work processes and deliverables as well as researching and promoting innovative and best practice techniques to optimise drilling performance.
• Actively pursuing new technology and solutions if deemed beneficial
• Preparation and documentation of drilling, completion, work-over and other rig operational programs
• Working with Corporate Well Engineering on the development and improvement of global standards
• Assisting in assessments of new business opportunities
We are looking for an experienced drilling engineer, who has the collaboration skills needed to build great relationships with both internal and external partners. To do so, you have the communication skills to navigate and take advantage of our international and multidisciplinary environment.
Simultaneously, you have a talent for solving complex problems in an innovative and cost-effective manner, while still delivering unquestionable quality. And you are comfortable with changes, driving multiple projects and using your project management skills to implement new technical solutions.
• You hold a bachelors or master’s degree in engineering.
• You have 10+ years of well engineering experience within a matrix organization. At least 6 of which as a drilling engineer.
• You have experience with well planning software and risk assessment processes.
• You are fluent in English both written and spoken.
• You understand and can ensure the alignment of WDP deliverables.