Maersk Oil offers you a unique opportunity to join a multinational organization with over 30 different nationalities at the office in Esbjerg. As strong diversity among our employees is essential, you will be able to engage, share knowledge and be a part of a cross-collaborative and diversity-oriented environment.
As an Economist in our Financial Planning & Economics team you will be responsible for economic analysis and consolidation of projects, Assets and the Maersk Oil DBU portfolio of existing and future oil and gas projects. You will become part of a team where you will get the opportunity to shape and develop a central role with great influence on the decision makers in the business
The job requires that you are able to focus on details whilst maintaining an overview and that you are able to present analysis, insights and results to management as well as project teams. In order to achieve success in the role you should be a strong communicator striving for corporation between people with various different background and competencies. In addition to this you:
• Work closely with project managers to optimize the economic value of projects while ensuring that the analysis are prepared timely and to the right quality
• Ensure that decision-making is based on comprehensive economic analysis and considers all relevant scenarios, options, sensitivities and risks
• Prepare analysis and results for Investment Proposals, economic reports and gate crossings to support decision making
• Continuously support the business with portfolio planning at the Asset level as part of quarterly and yearly financial planning deliverables
It is important you address the job with a strong understanding of the business, Financials and people. Naturally, you thrive in a highly independent and visible position in a free and dynamic working environment. Moreover, the position calls for a result-oriented and analytical person regarding business and finance, but also excellent interpersonal and communicative skills are essential in combining a holistic business view with concrete business and financial initiatives. This calls for an outgoing person in building relationships with people throughout the organization. Therefore, it is an advantage that you are a team and organizational networker.
Your other qualifications include;
• You have a master’s degree or equivalent in economics or finance and you hold a solid understanding of financial analysis, preferably in the oil industry
• 3 -5 years of experience working as an Economist/Financial Analyst
• You have a proven track record in use of economics scenarios. You are genuinely interested in working with complex financial models and you are eager to use your existing theoretical knowledge
• You have experience in financial modelling using excel and/or other tools
• You are able to demonstrate strong presentation and stakeholder management skills
• You are fluent in verbal and written English