As our new Business Finance Analyst, you will step into a role where you be supporting our Wells activities providing comprehensive, value-adding analysis across producing assets, exploration activities and development projects.
Integrating all finance functions in this role, you will act as the finance interface to the business and serve as the focal point for all financial aspects and deliverables. In doing so, you will be using your proactive mind-set to provide the business with guidance to ensure that the financial and economic impact of business decisions are highlighted, considered and understood by the business.
By supplying key business information while ensuring that appropriate challenge and rigour is applied to business plans and forecasts, you will be advising and supporting management in achieving business goals. This also entails ensuring the relevant support to internal and external stakeholders (e.g. operations, wells and subsurface teams as well as joint venture partners).
• Build trustful relationships and promote the value of finance, including effective working relationships as a finance partner.
• Driving key financial processes as well as analysing and bringing new perspectives, challenges and solutions to business issues
• Support asset and project performance reviews and provide guidance and constructive challenge to management to drive more commercially conscious decision-making
• Work closely with the business and financial planning teams to prepare and present forecasts, including operating expenditure, capital expenditure, as well as support the preparation of variance analysis, commentary versus prior forecast
• Ensure business ownership, quality and accountability in relation to input to financial processes
It is essential that you possess strong business partnering skills and have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and challenge senior stakeholders as well as support the decision-making process.
So this calls for an outgoing person in building relationships with people throughout the organization and also being able to impact and have the courage to speak out.
As a person, you have personal drive along with the ability to work independently, yet be a team player.
Your analytical skills are strong, and you have the communicative capabilities to present assumptions, risks, conclusions and recommendations from your analyses.
Your other qualifications include;
• MSc in Economics & Business Administration
• Or a Bachelor of Commerce
• 3-5 years of relevant experience that has given you a deep understanding of the oil and gas industry
• You are fluent in English both written and spoken
• You are used to working with Excel and PowerPoint