In this senior drilling engineer position, you provide operational support for our drilling operations. Focusing on well design and planning, you join a rig team led by a drilling superintendent, who you assist by way of your technical expertise and by managing the daily operations of the relevant rig(s).
In doing so, you will experience a dynamic workday, where you get a real opportunity to make a difference and use all of your expertise. Thus, you support and collaborate broadly with engineers and project leads as well as service companies and drilling contractors to achieve operational excellence.
All in all, you facilitate technical assurance of our drilling, and you keep an eye on our quality and changes during the planning and execution of drilling projects in the Gorm Tyra Asset.
In providing operational support, you help create programmes for how to drill in specific sections of the asset. This includes configuring tools, which ensures that our drilling matches our high quality demands, and you use your experience to support the preparation and documentation of drilling, completion and workover.
Importantly, you have the responsibility for well control, so you will get to use your understanding of pressures to avoid problems at all costs. Moreover, you:
• Ensure great work processes and deliverables, through compliance with the Well Delivery Process and by maintaining our knowledge of the current relevant standards and guidelines
• Analyse drilling material requirements to meet programme demands
• Participate in gate reviews and peer reviews for drilling projects as required
• Provide drilling engineering to optimise well trajectory and do cost estimates for AFE preparation, casing design recommendations for new wells, P&A, infill or re-drills, tubing and zonal completions
• Maintain a thorough understanding of the HSE standards for the BU operations
A long-term successful career happens when there is a match between your passion and strengths and what we are looking for. For this role, we are looking for someone who likes to collaborate and guide both internal and external partners.
But we are also looking for a true professional, who can ensure alignment of the WDP deliverables for multiple projects, manage change and implement new technical solutions. In sum: a great, supportive colleague, with a high sense of quality and the ability to think outside the box.
• You hold an engineering degree, and you are certified IWCF Well Control Level 4 Subsea.
• You have several years of industry experience, a majority of which as a drilling engineer.
• You are a skilled user of Landmark’s well planning and reporting software.
• It is a plus if you have experience with multi-zone completion and long horizontal well drilling as well as multi-lateral, expandable liners and intelligent completions.
• You communicate effortlessly in English