As Business Analyst within our Finance & SAP competence team, you will be part of the Process Design Authority department in Simplification which forms the backbone in Maersk's transformation effort. The programme is run by a very strong team, so you will be able to learn from the best.
Maersk has launched the ‘Simplification’ programme with the aim to optimise the customer experience and realise significant business benefits by simplifying, standardising and automating our processes. We are embarking on an exciting journey that will substantially change the way we conduct our business and engage with customers. We are offering the right candidate a unique opportunity of accelerated learning in this winning team and to take part in shaping the journey and the future organisation.
You will work in a dynamic environment with a range of stakeholders and colleagues across our global organization, offering you a unique chance to showcase your ability to drive transformation while getting massive exposure. The role will enable you to improve on critical skills such as process design, requirements development, workshop facilitation, project management, stakeholder management and communication. Finally, the role will be a natural stepping stone for building a career in Maersk Line’s project functions
You will bridge the business and IT development functions by applying your insights and analysis to both process modeling and business requirement development, thus enabling the IT automation needed to realise the benefits.
Your success will build on the close collaboration with programme and business stakeholders, while still having the ability to deliver non-biased recommendations and execute on them. Finally, communicating effectively with leadership will be vital to both delivering results and creating a personal brand. Your responsibilities will include the following activities, amongst others:
• Understand the business challenge, cut through the complexity and see the real value drivers
• Develop strong understanding of the SAP platform to identify optimal process design
• Collaborate with projects and portfolio teams to design processes and gather business requirements
• Develop user stories and use cases, analyse and validate the quality
• Seek opportunities to optimise processes using decision modeling and business rules
• Constructively challenge assumptions and perceptions with data and analytics
• Stay involved with solution development through-out project lifecycle to ensure that we deliver to programme objectives and business case
• Ensure that the Process Design Authority team lives up to its accountabilities by delivering on time with high quality
• Stay ambitious! Always raise the bar for the programme, the team and yourself.
You have a consultant’s mindset – heart and brain. You are considered a mature individual, have a high energy level and thrive in a fast-paced environment with ambitions to deliver outstanding results.
You hold a M. Sc. in Business, Economics or Engineering and have 3-6 years of experience of working with large projects either within the consulting industry or in a global company. You have a good understanding of Finance processes and the SAP Platform. More specifically, it is an advantage if you have experience with the Order-to-Cash module in SAP.
Your analytical toolbox is outstanding and you enjoy the disciplines. Not only do you know how to rationalise and chose methods for information capture, but you are also capable in translating and communicating your findings to stakeholders. You enjoy working with people and building relationships, balanced with high result-orientation. More specifically you:
• Can independently drive and perform business analysis and process modeling
• Have excellent communication skills – Clear, crisp and precise
• Are collaborative and able to look beyond functional needs at the bigger picture
• Interact with people at all levels effectively
• Grasp complex issues and drive effective problem-solving
• Are able to keep calm and deliver effectively within tight timelines
• Deal well with uncertainty and delivering in such an environment
• Are fluent in oral and written English (Danish is not required).