Maersk Oil has been through a restructuring process to strengthen the business core and reflect the increased focus on the North Sea. The new structure has opened up a number of exciting career opportunities.
The Reliability Engineer is a new position at Maersk Oil DBU. This will give the right candidate the opportunity influence the impact of the role in the organisation. Both assets will employ a skilled maintenance profile.
You will join highly skilled and dedicated colleagues working hard to uphold the integrity and reliability of our ageing assets in The North Sea and thus securing a stable production.
Positioned in the asset maintenance department, your task is to provide support to the maintenance system responsible for the assets and ensure Maersk Oil`s reliability, safety, integrity and cost requirements are met across all assets.
This is assured by your specific tasks:
• Acting as facilitator for systematic risk analysis e.g. RCA or FMECA to identify improvements and ensure reliability performance
• Report reliability performance of the assets
• Derived from data analysis of reliability performance ensure the proper actions are implemented
• Ensure the maintenance strategies are aligned with the equipment failures
• Ensure asset reliability and performance are in compliance with Maersk Oil`s maintenance strategies and performance standards.
• Propose improvement solutions that balance Integrity, Cost and Reliability.
• Ensure reliability considerations and requirements are implemented in new projects and improvements.
• Increase the awareness of a reliability culture
A candidate with documented experience from a similar position. You possess strong systematic and analytical skills, and the ability to convert analysis and detailed technical solutions to actions, presentations and management decisions. The candidate must also manage the steps from the analysis until the mitigating actions are implemented and sustained in the organisation.
You can work independently and efficiently, and you understand how a support function can deliver results to the system responsible, thus an outgoing and collaborative mind set is required.
You most probably have the following professional back ground:
• BSc in either mechanical or electrical, marine engineer or similar education combined with experience from executing maintenance.
• 5 – 10 years of operational experience from maintenance or reliability in the oil and gas industry, chemical process or similar industry environments with high profile on safety and integrity.
• Training in reliability performance.
• Experience in raising reliability performance and the development of a reliability culture.
• Experience with on the job training and education in reliability improvement to various job roles.
• You possess specific experience with risk analysis for reliability.
• Experience with assessment of asset condition and condition based maintenance technologies.
• You can convert reliability data to improvement actions.
• You can communicate complex challenges.
• Knowledge to obsolescence management and reliability in ageing assets.
• Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Please note that interviews may be conducted on an on-going basis. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible via the Apply link above.