As Trade Manager for WCSA + CAR/EUR, you will join the Latin America/Oceania trade grouping, one of five trade groupings in Centre Trade Management, which is a critical part of our Commercial organisation in Maersk Line.
Centre Trade Management is responsible for the overall strategy, and profit and loss (P&L) of individual trades. This includes setting direction, managing position-taking and long-term tenders and driving the strategic performance of our business.
The position reports to the Head of Trade Management, Latin America/Oceania.
As Trade Manager, you have the following responsibilities, amongst others:
• Synthesise market analysis and review, including market segmentation
• Conduct trade forecasting and volume/rate input for P&L
• Develop and maintain market plan
• Set direction for and facilitate strategic alignment with our clusters, Revenue Management and Key Client Management
• Drive cluster and revenue performance, and handle contingencies as required
• Plan and lead the tender process, including pricing
• Set a commitment strategy and ensure performance
• Support key executive sales and customer relationships and negotiations
• As part of the trade leadership team, drive and support overall initiatives and priorities across the trade grouping and trade management
• Participate actively in initiatives and projects (Business Reference Groups)
• Coach and develop Trade Managers and Assistant Trade Managers across the trade grouping and trade management, and ensure development of future talents and leaders for Maersk
You have a high energy level, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with ambitions to deliver outstanding results. You are considered an inspirational leader, and enjoy working with people and building partnerships.
We require fluency in oral and written English, and proven experience with the following:
• Exceptional strategic mindset, able to think strategically and drive effective and sustainable solutions
• Strong business and commercial understanding, with deep insights into the liner shipping industry and trade management and a passion for in-depth grasp and analysis of markets, customers, segments and competitors
• Excellent stakeholder management and communication, able to inspire and lead others and building lasting relationships
• High focus and drive for results, willing to take ownership and follow through on deliverables
• Team-oriented, motivated by proactive collaboration across teams, functions and geographies, and with focus on scaleable, end-to-end solutions
The deadline for submission of applications is 24 March 2017. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis, which may result in the position being filled earlier than the indicated deadline. You thus kindly are advised to apply as soon as possible.