Maersk Oil has been through a restructuring process to strengthen the business core and reflect the increased focus on the North Sea. The new structure has opened up a number of exciting career opportunities.
We are looking for an experienced Facilities Engineer to join the developments team within Danish Business Unit. In cooperation with other disciplines, we evaluate opportunities to improve hydrocarbon recovery and examine alternative business solutions.
The project portfolio is versatile and ranges from drilling of individual infill wells to construction of new wellhead and process platforms, re-configuration of existing facilities through evaluation of new technologies and new business areas.
You will participate in various project teams, to identify, assess and screen facilities options and assure optimal solutions. Often several projects progress in parallel, hence flexibility is required.
The work will include overall supervision and verification of engineering work performed by external parties to support the maturation of new opportunities and modifications to existing assets.
Engineering solutions proposed must be economically and technically robust. This will involve close cooperation with the subsurface, engineering, project and operations personnel. Furthermore, input to HAZIDS/HAZOPS/ALARP reviews will be required so asset integrity is maintained.
Additionally, you will identify where new technologies can add value and support their application within the Danish Business Unit.
You hold the following skills and competences:
• MSc or BSc in an engineering discipline.
• Minimum six years of experience from oil and gas upstream industry projects or alternative relevant experience.
• Strong proactive safety approach
• Experience in process or mechanical with broad exposure to the various infrastructure associated with a hydrocarbon development.
• Operational experience would be a preference
• A dedicated team-worker
• Interested in novel/innovative technology development and implementation
• Self-motivated, independent, analytical and curious
• a good communicator with strong interpersonal skills that will be effective across a broad spectrum of nationalities and cultures
• Someone that demonstrates initiative, drive and maintains a good overview of the broad range of work under your responsibility.
• Good at representing Maersk Oil externally
Please note that interviews may be conducted on an on-going basis. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible via the Apply link above.