We offer an opportunity for you to kick-start your career in a highly skilled and international working environment by joining the Exploration Excellence department as our new student assistant. You will be given the opportunity to put your theoretical knowledge into play and potentially gain further insight to our business as an intern or in connection with your Master's Thesis.
As part of Maersk Oil you will embark on an exciting journey with focus on maximizing value from safe operations, deliver world-class projects whilst building our future business as part of the newly formed Maersk Energy division.
Your workplace will be central Copenhagen, to begin with at Esplanaden before we in October 2017 will move to a brand new office domicile in the attractive Nordhavn area.
Besides working side by side with your Maersk Oil colleagues you will also be joining the student network STUDENTS@MAERSK, which is a network for all students working in the Maersk Group. This is a great opportunity to expand your network and network with peers at social events and interesting lectures.
Working hours will be approximately 15-20 weekly.
Key responsibilities as Student and part of the Exploration Excellence department:
• Data input and management support
• Compilation and evaluation of geoscience data for the Exploration Technical Services team and for the Exploration Assurance team
• Use of Petrel, GIS and Techlog software to assist geoscientists with exploration
You are currently enrolled at a university and we expect your study to be within Geology and Geoscience.
We expect you to:
• Be analytical and good at keeping focus on both simple and complex issues
• Be experienced in Microsoft Office – in particular Excel and Power Point
• Be systematic and detail oriented
• Be able to keep deadlines and work independently and be highly self-motivated
• Have a global mind-set
• Have good communication skills
• Preferably have knowledge of GIS and Petrel
As you will become part of an international organisation and interact with people from different cultures, you must be proficient in both spoken and written English. Please make sure your CV and cover letter are written in English.
You must be available for both the initial interview taking place from the 3-7 April and for the second and final interviews taking place from 18-26 April.