As a Project Manager in the Performance Improvement Team, you will be part of a team of 20 dedicated and result oriented colleagues. The department plays a key role in Maersk Drilling’s strategy to deliver added value to our customers and superior profit to our owners by operating our rigs more efficiently than competitors and thereby consistently drill wells in a fast, safe and cost effective manner.
We have spent the recent years ensuring that our performance management processes and business intelligence systems are supporting our focus on continuous performance improvements. We are now looking to further strengthen our ability to manage performance and analyze data during daily operations as well as when making strategic decisions. You will take part in projects from identification of improvement opportunities based on data analysis through to project execution and implementation. The projects can be focused on improvement of both systems, processes and capabilities.
You will be based in our head office in Lyngby and report to the Head of Performance Improvement Team. You should expect some travelling and you will have the opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge of the drilling industry by going offshore on our rigs for project analysis, planning, preparation and implementation.
You will be part of a truly international company with our employees representing 65 nationalities. Our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mindset and culture. This goes hand in hand with a commitment to inclusion: all employees are valued and treated with respect at all times and we believe that our employees thrive and perform better with a healthy work-life balance.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will:
• Conduct relevant analysis to identify opportunities for improvements across our rig operations. This could be within areas such as improved processes, performance management, drilling operations, maintenance or new services
• Independently manage a number of complex projects aimed at operational performance improvements – onshore as well as offshore
• Work closely with the Operations around the world, as well as with projects and stakeholders from other corporate functions to identify cross-project dependencies, oversee project risk management and ensure changes are well received and implemented on rigs and in organizations
•Be accountable for the success and benefit tracking of assigned projects and for related decisions
•Identify and overcome any threats to projects with effective and timely remedial actions
•Carry out economic and business assessments to ensure business case viability
•Ensure alignment between all stakeholders, externally as well as internally
•Provide input for decision-making to senior leaders
•Get the opportunity to lead change projects from idea phase through to implementation and benefit realization
•Be a part of defining and driving digitalization and the integration of new technologies into the daily operations of our offshore drilling rigs.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Extensive project management skills and documented experience. This should preferably be supplemented by a certification such as PMI or similar
• Experience working with LEAN and preferably an accreditation such as Six Sigma
• Experience with handling complex change management projects including assessing risks and implementing mitigations
• Relevant education at a Master’s level
• A strong analytical mind set and skills to back it up. Interest in working with data – also at a detailed level
• Good interpersonal and communication skills. You must have the ability to engage with people at many levels and with different backgrounds
• Relevant industry knowledge and a genuine interest in working in and learning about the offshore drilling industry