Maersk has been through a restructuring process to strengthen the business core and reflect the increased focus on the North Sea. The new structure has opened up for a number of exciting career opportunities.
At Maersk Oil you will be part of an environment where you experience many professional challenges in a dynamic and exciting environment, where you can develop a broad network, working with many internal and external stakeholders. You will be part of an asset engineering team of 40 engineers of all disciplines.
As Technical Authority on mechanical static equipment, your primary task will be as the first technical assurance gate for projects related to existing facilities and to mature projects so they comply with Maersk Oil Technical Standards and legislation.
Your role will be to support and provide advice to both onshore and offshore personnel on static mechanical components. This could entail:
• Design calculation and evaluations to ensure Fitness for Service of static components
• Supporting, troubleshooting and drawing conclusions on repeated failures within the asset
• Supporting and investigating about incidents
• Support to the Lead Technical Authority Engineer
As a person, you have high integrity. You can work independently and efficiently, and you enjoy being part of a team where knowledge sharing is essential.
You possess the drive and desire to find optimal solutions both technically and financially combined with the ability to immerse yourself deeply in a component area.
You have the following professional background:
• BSc in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 8 - 10 years of experience working with static mechanical layout and piping design in a Brown Field environment within the oil and gas industry or a related industry.
• Detailed knowledge into international oil and gas industry design standards.
• You have knowledge of planning and executing offshore work and understanding of broader implications of technical work, e.g. operability, brownfield modifications requirements and economics.
• You possess specific competencies within areas such as piping systems, tanks, valves, heat exchangers, pressure vessels and other related components.
• Fluent in spoken and written English
As a person, you possess strong communication skills that enable you to communicate potential solutions clearly and concisely, to a broad audience, involving both internal and external stakeholders.
You have the experience to work independently on facilities and across disciplines with minimal guidance, and you dare use your innovative thinking to challenge the normal way of working when necessary.