As a production chemist, you engage in an exciting and challenging international environment.
Working in an interdisciplinary team of 5-7 specialists and technicians in our Production Department and offshore assets, you impact our production through the selection and testing of new, environmentally friendly chemicals and help develop our operational procedures and guidelines for chemical management.
While you do so, we offer to you personal and professional development opportunities. Thus, you will frequently participate in courses, conferences and workshops, to continuously develop your individual competences.
Specifically, you become a hands-on specialist, who collaborates closely with onshore and offshore colleagues to facilitate a safe and environmentally sound recovery of oil and gas.
To do so, your responsibilities include:
• Selection and implementation of production chemicals and chemical injection systems, including the development of analytical tools in cooperation with offshore technicians
• Environmental assessment and reporting
• Evaluation and optimisation of chemical effectiveness
• Logistics and quality assurance related to the chemical area
• Laboratory supervision and data quality assurance
Also, you help plan and conduct regular offshore visits to follow up on chemical applications, troubleshooting and field trial of chemicals.
In this role, it is your energy and ability to prioritise and make things happen that is essential. That is what we are looking for in you, together with your talent for creating results through productive collaborations.
The challenges you will encounter include optimising the separation and produced water treatment system, scale and corrosion inhibition and implementation of more sustainable chemicals. And to succeed, we believe you:
• Have some similar work experience and an interest in offshore oil and gas production
• Hold a degree in chemical engineering, chemistry or similar
• Are a team player with great coordination and planning skills
• Communicate effortlessly in English