We offer an opportunity for you to kick-start your career in a highly skilled and international working environment by joining the Information Solutions department as one of our new student assistants. You will be given the opportunity to put your theoretical knowledge into play and potentially gain further insight to our business as an intern or in connection with your Master's Thesis.
As part of Maersk Oil you will embark on an exciting journey with focus on maximizing value from safe operations, deliver world-class projects whilst building our future business as part of the newly formed Maersk Energy division.
Your workplace will be central Copenhagen, to begin with at Esplanaden before we in October 2017 will move to a brand new office domicile in the attractive Nordhavn area.
Besides working side by side with your Maersk Oil colleagues you will also be joining the student network STUDENTS@MAERSK, which is a network for all students working in the Maersk Group. This is a great opportunity to expand your network and network with peers at social events and interesting lectures.
Working hours will be approximately 15-20 weekly.
Maersk Oil Information Solutions is looking to hire 3 Student Assistants - 1 Student Assistant to join Technical IT, 1 Student Assistant to join the SAP team and 1 Student Assistant to join the Data & Information Management team.
Key responsibilities as Student Assistant and part of the Technical IT team:
• Business analyst support for the business engagement activities
• Create and update process maps
• Collaborate with various teams internally to create application maps
• Manage accurate and detailed task lists and follow up on actions
• Create and update financial overview
• Support business engagement activities by updating and creating presentations and ensuring consistent communication plans
Key responsibilities as Student and part of the SAP team:
• Various administrational and project-related tasks across the Information Solutions function
• Support the onboarding and off-boarding of IT consultants and maintaining an accurate overview
• Update project status for the project management office
• Gathering quality measure and create reporting on operational tasks
• Communicate and collaborate with internal stakeholders and external consultants on ad hoc tasks
Key responsibilities as Student and part of the Data & Information Management team:
• Filing electronic and physical files, records and documents
• Maintaining electronic and physical records and files in databases and on file shares e.g. house-keeping, creating and maintaining indexes and inventories
• Handling incoming and outgoing electronic and physical files and media
• Liaison with business users to manage their electronic and physical files, documents and records
Your responsibilities will depend on which of the above mentioned teams you will be joining.
If you have a preference for any of the roles please indicate this in your cover letter otherwise we will match you with the role we find you best suited for.
You are currently enrolled at a university and we expect your study to be within Information Management, International Business, Business Administration, Library Science, IT, geology, geography, or another related area.
We expect you to:
• Be experienced in Microsoft Office – in particular Excel and Power Point
• Be systematic and detail oriented
• Be able to keep deadlines and work independently
• Be flexible and stable
• Have an international mind-set
• Have good communication skills
• Preferably have knowledge of SAP
As you will become part of an international organisation and interact with people from different cultures, you must be proficient in both spoken and written English. Please make sure your CV and cover letter are written in English.
You must be available for both the initial interview taking place from the 3-7 April and for the second and final interviews taking place from 18-26 April.