We offer an opportunity for you to kick-start your career in a highly skilled and international working environment by joining the Technology and Innovation department as our new student assistant. You will be given the opportunity to acquire knowledge of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) associated with new technology development and innovation, and you will be exposed to Maersk Oil’s innovation activities and especially aspects of contracts and patents including novelty searches, drafting of applications, prosecution at regional and national Patent Offices, as well as post-grant activities.
As part of Maersk Oil you will embark on an exciting journey with focus on maximizing value from safe operations, deliver world-class projects whilst building our future business as part of the newly formed Maersk Energy division.
Your workplace will be central Copenhagen, to begin with at Esplanaden before we in October 2017 will move to a brand new office domicile in the attractive Nordhavn area.
Besides working side by side with your Maersk Oil colleagues you will also be joining the student network STUDENTS@MAERSK, which is a network for all students working in the Maersk Group. This is a great opportunity to expand your network and network with peers at social events and interesting lectures.
Working hours will be approximately 15 weekly.
Key responsibilities as Student and part of the Technology and Innovation department will be:
• Assist in administration of Maersk Oil’s hard- and software patent database - e.g. updating records and implementing new procedures for increased productivity
• Assist in authoring and implementing business procedures in-house and for external representatives to improve efficiency and reduce costs
• Coordinate and assist with the in-house evaluation of new inventions and pending patent applications
• Coordinate with external representatives
• Analysis of vendor cost and delivery, portfolio status and tracking, quarterly reporting and budgeting
• Perform initial novelty screenings of new technical concepts once qualified
• Update our intranet with IPR news
• Assist with invoice processing
You are currently enrolled at a university and we expect your study to be within engineering, natural sciences, business, law or another related area.
We expect you to:
• Interest in gaining experience with patent law and IPR
• Be experienced in Microsoft Office – in particular Excel and Power Point
• Be able to keep deadlines and work independently
• Be flexible and stable
• Have an international mind-set
• Have good communication skills
• Preferably have knowledge of SAP
As you will become part of an international organisation and interact with people from different cultures, you must be proficient in both spoken and written English. Please make sure your CV and cover letter are written in English.
You must be available for both the initial interview taking place from the 3-7 April and for the second and final interviews taking place from 18-26 April.