We offer an opportunity for you to kick-start your career in a highly skilled and international working environment by joining the Finance department as our new student assistant. You will be given the opportunity to put your theoretical knowledge into play and to use a holistic approach to Performance Management reporting, combining financial and strategic capabilities. You will be involved in every day Performance Management tasks and ongoing projects brining a dynamic and interesting work day. You will potentially gain further insight to our business as an intern or in connection with your Master's Thesis.
As part of Maersk Oil you will embark on an exciting journey with focus on maximizing value from safe operations, deliver world-class projects whilst building our future business as part of the newly formed Maersk Energy division.
Your workplace will be central Copenhagen, to begin with at Esplanaden before we in October 2017 will move to a brand new office domicile in the attractive Nordhavn area.
Besides working side by side with your Maersk Oil colleagues you will also be joining the student network STUDENTS@MAERSK, which is a network for all students working in the Maersk Group. This is a great opportunity to expand your network and network with peers at social events and interesting lectures.
Working hours will be approximately 15-20 weekly.
Maersk Oil Finance is looking to hire 2 Student Assistants - one Student Assistant to join our Business Performance Management team and one Student Assistant to join the Partnering team.
Key responsibilities for both Student Assistants will be:
• Assist department with Monthly & Quarterly Performance Management Cycle – e.g. establish reporting content requirements and processes, implement improvements based on senior management input
• Support with preparing guidance and content for KPIs & dashboards
• Assist with annual target setting process with the APMM stakeholders
• Other ad hoc work tasks
You are currently enrolled at a university and we expect your study to be within International Business, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Strategy or another related area.
We expect you to:
• Have a holistic approach combining financial and strategic knowledge
• Be analytical, systematic and detailed oriented
• Be experienced in Microsoft Office – in particular Excel and Power Point
• Be able to keep deadlines and work independently
• Be flexible and stable
• Have an international mind-set
• Have good communication skills
As you will become part of an international organisation and interact with people from different cultures, you must be proficient in both spoken and written English. Please make sure your CV and cover letter are written in English.
You must be available for both the initial interview taking place from the 3-7 April and for the second and final interviews taking place from 25-26 April.