This is a position where you will lead a team of technical professionals as part of the Subsurface Asset Team enhancing the performance of both new and existing wells, through stimulation and technology.
You will lead the team which is part of our Asset team in the Danish Business Unit (DBU) of Maersk Oil in Esbjerg, Denmark. The Esbjerg office constitutes the headquarters for all Maersk Oil production activities in the Danish sector of the North Sea.
You will be part of a lively environment with a good social atmosphere, where you can develop a broad network, working with many internal and external stakeholders.
In close collaboration with the Subsurface Manager and the Asset teams, you will have the opportunity to take the lead on designing, executing and evaluating the stimulation treatment of long horizontal wells on all the fields operated under the Danish Business Unit. You will also be challenged with implementing new techniques and technologies, driving step changes in subsurface technology in these mainly chalk formations.
Being the team lead and focal point for stimulation and technology, your objective will be to deliver appropriate technologies and techniques that are effective, assured and relevant. You will lead a team of two competent professionals that are capable of delivering the stimulation and technology needs of the DBU. Furthermore, the team lead will be proactive in proposing initiatives while working closely with the asset teams and various stakeholders. There will be an expectation that the team lead will lead by example and will be responsible and present for the offshore execution of treatments. An important part of your role will be working with suppliers and contractors which will include tendering. Ensuring that both the stimulation and technology contracts run efficiently and effectively and the best technology is in use.
Specifically, your tasks will be:
• Provide technical guidance, training and leadership to the stimulation/technology team within the DBU
• Plan, and execute offshore stimulation treatments, with a view to continuous improvement.
• Drive new ideas and initiatives within the team and the assets that will benefit production enhancement, especially creative ways of performing re-stimulations on older long horizontal wells.
• Maintain an overview of stimulation and technologies that are relevant for the continued benefit of the reservoirs within the DBU
• Support knowledge sharing within the discipline, across the assets and other disciplines as well as other business units.
• Develop and maintain stimulation guidelines, procedures and good practices that ensure flawless execution, provide technical assurance of stimulation programmes and relevant completion activities and plans
In this role, you will be required to manage technical professionals as well as plan and organise stimulation operations to be carried out by yourself or others. As there is a certain visibility in this role you need to possess excellent communication skills to convince and influence stakeholders and other key parties involved in stimulation and technology. You will have had experience in the management of offshore stimulation vessel contractors and the contracts related to their service. In addition you must have experience, of coaching and mentoring at various levels. You are also a strong facilitator with business acumen and the ability to see the bigger picture.
• Degree in Chemical or Engineering Discipline
• High level of experience in supervising offshore stimulation treatments on both the stimulation vessel and at the rigsite, including an awareness of offshore operations especially completion and well interventions
• 15+ years’ experience in the oil industry, a significant portion of which is related to stimulation activities, including long horizontal wells, and should also include the development of new technologies and techniques.
• Strong computer skills including a working knowledge of current design programmes, real-time monitoring and optimization, and a basic knowledge of reservoir and inflow performance modelling
• Team leadership experience where you speak and write English fluently