As Senior Legal Counsel in Maersk Drilling you will work closely with the business to achieve our ambitious goals. The legal department supports all aspects of Maersk Drilling.
You will be offered a rare opportunity to gain insight in a very international business and to participate in challenging international legal work with exposure to senior management within the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. You will additionally be offered a competitive salary package based on your experience.
Maersk Drilling has its corporate head office in Lyngby, Denmark, and you will be part of a department with 7 highly specialised lawyers who support Maersk Drilling. The position is based on local terms and conditions.
You will be part of a truly
international company with our
employees representing 65
nationalities. Our strong focus on
diversity is a natural outcome of a
company with a strong talent
focus, mindset and culture. This
goes hand in hand with a
commitment to inclusion: all
employees are valued and treated
with respect at all times and we
believe that our employees thrive
and perform better with a healthy
You will be responsible for providing first class legal support to Maersk Drilling.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Drafting, negotiating and advising on contracts relating to all Maersk Drilling’s activities, including drilling contracts with major international oil companies and contracts with partners and sub-contractors
• Setting up corporate structures in new areas of operation and advising on day-to-day matters in often challenging countries
• Working closely with major international law firms in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia
• Advising on and handling legal disputes arising in Maersk Drilling
• Explaining complex legal concepts to stakeholders in other departments within Maersk Drilling
• Understanding and communicating liability and risk profiles across the asset portfolio
You have knowledge of, and at least 6+ years’ experience from, either a law firm or an international organisation.
You have broad experience with contract law and international contracts. Preferably you also have knowledge of English law as the majority of our contracts are governed by English law. Furthermore, it is an advantage if you have knowledge of company and maritime law and experience within the offshore industry.
As a person you are:
• A high performer that thrives in a challenging and often unpredictable business environment
• A skilled negotiator
• Analytical and good at focusing on what is important even when faced with complex issues
• Able to handle and prioritize many tasks at the same time
• Very commercially minded
• Team oriented
• Self-driven and willing to take individual responsibility for your responsibilities
• Able to speak, read and write English fluently
• Able to travel 30-60 days a year