Maersk Drilling has more than 40 years of experience in supporting oil and gas production in some of the most challenging environments. We monitor risks globally and prioritize measures that maintain the physical protection of our employees and assets.
We are currently seeking a student assisstant who is passionate about security. As a member of the Maersk Drilling Global Security network, you will be part of an organization that continuously aims for the highest standards of security. This is a unique opportunity for the right individual to gain valuable experience in a global organization. This insight will ensure that academic theory is tested within the reality of global operations.
Students working in A.P. Moller-Maersk companies are invited to join the Students@Maersk network. As a member of the community, you will have a unique opportunity to expand your professional and social networks, gain additional insight into a large conglomerate, and learn more about Maersk as a place to work.
You will be part of a truly international company with our employees representing 65 nationalities. Our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mindset and culture. This goes hand in hand with a commitment to inclusion: all employees are valued and treated with respect at all times and we believe that our employees thrive and perform better with a healthy work-life balance.
Basic scope for the position includes, but is not limited to:
• Conducting country risk assessments before entering a new market. You will provide written input to the project team from a broad perspective, covering political, operational, security, terrorism and travel risks.
• Monitoring countries where MD currently operate in order to stay one step ahead of trends and tendencies related to crime and terrorism. Output is written advice for the organization.
• Delivering on ad hoc assignments related to travel security, security awareness, etc., assuring cross-functional and upper management awareness as well as visibility of security across HSSE, Operations and the rest of MD organization.
• Maintaining a Security intranet site for the whole MD community.
• Working with Academia to ensure MD benefits from their ideas and methodologies, while we also contribute by providing access and operational reality to them.
As our new student assistant, you are:
•Currently working towards a degree in Security Risk Management, and are passionate about improving security approaches to ensure that they work in reality.
•Active, well organized, independent and ready to learn as much as you can in order to succeed in your role of a young professional.
•A motivated, self-starter with drive, initiative, result-orientation and commitment to excellence. You do not require micro-management and you enjoy sparring with colleagues to achieve optimal results.
•A multi-tasking team player and a person with a genuine interest in keeping your colleagues and our assets safe and secure.
•Have the flexibility to work 15 hours/week without compromising your study programme.
•Thrive in an international environment. You enjoy multi-cultural teamwork that demands a high level of English proficiency as well as extensive interpersonal and communication skills at all levels.
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and will close the ad once we have hired our new member, who should be able to start no later than 12 June 2017. Therefore, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.